Virtual Urgent Care
For All University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS) Employees and Adult Dependents*
Penn FirstCall provides medical advice for urgent needs such as sore throat, coughs, rashes, ear aches, muscle/ joint pain and minor injuries. Staffed by Penn health care providers, Penn FirstCall provides immediate consultation by phone and video visit. When an in-person appointment is recommended, we will help you schedule it.
Penn FirstCall is:
- Open 24 hours a day – Call any time! Unlimited number of visits.
- Free – For Penn Medicine employees with Penn Care PPO health insurance and their adult dependents.
- Fast – Connect with a FirstCall provider within minutes of your call.
- Convenient – Connect from anywhere and save time. No waiting room. No traveling.
- Interactive – Download the video app and schedule a same day, face-to-face virtual appointment.
*FirstCall should not be used for life-threatening emergencies. FirstCall is free for University of Pennsylvania Health System and Chester County Hospital employees with Penn Care PPO health insurance and their adult dependents. Co-pays will be charged as usual for all other care including office visits, ER visits, urgent care visits and prescriptions. Use of this service is voluntary.