Are You at Risk?
A Podcast from Dr. Aarons
Cary Aarons, MD, a colorectal surgeon at Penn Medicine, gives an honest look at how pervasive the disparities are for colon and rectal cancers for African Americans and how to be an advocate for your health.
Here’s what the podcast covers:
Listen to the Podcast (.MP3)
- 1:05 — Top factors contributing to cancer disparities
- 3:35 — Is cancer more aggressive in African-Americans?
- 5:10 — Importance of family health history
- 7:30 — Addressing myths and misinformation
- 9:15 — Steps to reduce cancer risk